MY Story

The Social Security Administration will go through great lengths to disqualify and prolong the process of eligibility. I am not the claimant applying for disability, I am the wife. A victim of the process. I guess you have to walk through fire to get help for a loved one who is suffering mental illness. My experience is a tragic one.

I have been to lawyers, doctors trying desperately to get help for my husband who suffers from Bipolar II Disassociate identity disorder (DID). My husband has been denied now three times. It's not the denial that has caused me to start this blog. Its how far SSA will go to trash a person and his or her family. Making all of us out to be criminals. Disability Determination Services gathers information through "private investigators" and then manipulates that information to suit their purposes, DENIED!

The process is degrading. Hard working individuals, like myself, have their integrity and intentions questioned. Please read my story. My goal is to expose the dirty tactics used by Disability Determination Services, and the gangster people they hire to scare regular citizens like myself. Shame on you SSA - Disability Determination Services Offices.

I encourage all who have been mistreated, lied to, lied about, followed, bugged and videotaped to share their story. Expose this government agency for it's corruption and dirty tactics! Read My Story!

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Steps to successfully apply for Social Security Disability


The rate of applicants who are ultimately approved, however, has remained slim — averaging just 36 percent for claims filed from 2004 to 2013, according to the report. About a quarter are awarded benefits on their initial claim, while another 2 percent are approved on appeal and 11 percent at hearings.

"The reality is, more often than not, you'll be denied," said Stephen Dunn, a staff attorney with the New York Legal Assistance Group, which provides free legal services to low-income New Yorkers.
In fact, waits for a hearing can stretch the process out for a year or longer, he said.


(Per Social Security Administration data, 28 percent of final medical denials in 2013 were because the impairment was considered "not severe," and another 31 percent because the applicant was still considered able to do other kinds of work.)

"If you do get denied, you have to act on requesting an appeal quickly, within two months." -Stephen Dunn, staff attorney, New York Legal Assistance Group 
Read Full Article

No comments:

Post a Comment